You are curious how long does a backup restoration take and whether it impacts production if done during business hours. Furthermore, you are interested whether previous logs will be restored.
- There is no downtime during the import of the backup configuration file to Exinda. We recommend the import during off-peak hours under a planned maintenance window.
- Ideally, the appliance should not ask for a system reboot while importing the configuration file. In case it prompts you to do so, we recommend doing a reboot during off-peak hours only.
- The Import configuration should not impact the production, as long as you use the correct backup file.
- The previous logs won't get restored while restoring the Exinda configuration backup.
- Binary copies of the configuration will only work when the device and hardware are exactly the same, right down to the MAC addresses on the NICs.
- As a result, it can only be done in cases where the device is the exact same.
- The advantage is that binary configuration often imports a lot faster than large text configurations, and is less prone to error.