This article addresses the situation when you are not able to get the license for your Exinda.
- Your Exinda is failing to download license.
- You cannot ping license.exinda.com
- You get a message like the following when you try to get the license:
Do you want to check for a new license online (Y/N)? [Y]
% Unknown error
# ping license.exinda.com
10 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 9999ms
Exinda has not reached the License server at all. There could be something blocking the connection from your Exinda to the License server, or there could be a host mismatch.
Note: license.exinda.com does not respond to pings. Meaning: using the ping utility to diagnose connection problems will not help.
Please take the following steps:
- Check that port 443 is open for the Exinda towards the internet
- Please do the following on the Exinda:
- Navigate to Configuration > System > Diagnostics > TCP Dump tab
- Select management interface, which will be eth1 unless you are using a different interface
- choose 5 minutes for the time out and generate TCP dumps
- Navigate to Setup > License
- Select check for license online
- Once its completed the check, navigate back to the TCP Dump and stop it
- Download this file
Contact Exinda Support and share the above file for investigation and analysis. Additionally, also share your Host Id with the support team, by taking the snapshot of Dashboard > System as below:
Agents only: Before troubleshooting, please check if the device has an issue with mismatch of host IDs, because of which they are not able to find any license. If so, correct the host IDs by following the steps listed here Certificate/License Host ID Is Wrong.