You cannot receive traffic on the Exinda and are unable to view traffic in real time. You have a SPAN mirror configuration on the switch, your Exinda is on a Xen server.
- Please see the article SPAN and Mirror Port Monitoring to properly set up the mirror port.
- Change the NIC speed to match the switch. See the article on NIC Settings.
- Enable promiscuous on the interfaces by following this article: Setting Up Mirror Ports on a Citrix Virtual Exinda
- Enable promiscuous on xenbridges. For example, for xenbr1, use the command:
ifconfig xenbr1 promisc
- Set mirror functionality on the xen server to allow traffic to go from the interface to the virtual interface using the following command:
ovs-vsctl -- set Bridge xenbr1 mirrors=@m -- --id=@<physical_port> get
Port <physical_port> -- --id=@<virtual_port> get Port <virtual_port>
-- --id=@m create Mirror name=<physical_port>-mirror select-dst-port=@<physical_port>
Check to see traffic can now be viewed in real time. The Exinda is receiving traffic as intended.