You are having issues obtaining a license from the Exinda licensing server. You are able to connect to license.exinda.com.
When looking at the Licenses tab in System > Setup, the license installed on an Exinda is not Active.
Adding a New License Key
The Exinda license does not continuously update and is usually updated when upon license renewal or manual modification. If you are renewing the license every year you can manually add the license key to the Configuration > System > Setup, under the "Licenses" tab and save the configuration.
Methods to Automatically Retrieve a License
If you would like to fetch the licenses from the Exinda Licensing server, please test the connection under Configuration > System > Setup, under the "Licenses" tab, near the bottom of the page, there is a link called "Check for License Online". Clicking that will have the Exinda attempt to contact the license server and pull any updated information.
It should show messages like "Connection completed successfully. No new license found." when clicked. If you see any error then it is possibly an issue with DNS in your network. In the logs you will see this error:-
mgmtd: [mgmtd.NOTICE]: Query license failed (Unable to connect to license server).
You can try the following to ensure DNS is correctly configured and is able to resolve correctly:-
- Ensure the Gateway Settings are correctly populated with the Default Gateway IP address under Configuration > System > Network > IP address
- Under Configuration > System > DNS, update the DNS servers and test DNS lookup under System > Tools > DNS Lookup:
- Check again under the Licenses section by clicking the Check for License Online link
Checking for Inactive or Invalid License
If an appliance license shows as inactive or invalid, check and verify that the license information is correct for the device. If it is, and the license still shows as invalid, please contact Exinda Support and share the following:
- Host ID for the Exinda so that it can be updated on the licensing server
- Screenshot of the Licenses section so the license can be validated
Please see the Troubleshoot License No Active or Not Valid - Internal article