This article details when you have a possible hard drive failure on an Exinda 8063 with RAID configuration. You notice a red or amber light on one of the hard drives.
- Remove the hard disk from the Exinda and put it back into the tray. The Exinda 8063 is a hot-swap installation so you can remove the faulty hard drive alone without any issues affecting the device even when the device is powered on.
- Check the hard drive LED color.
- If the LED is green, the issue is resolved.
- If the LED continues to show an amber color, the hard disk needs to be replaced. Please proceed with the steps below.
- Send diagnostics of the device to a support agent for confirmation.
- Provide Sysdumps File
Configuration > System Diagnostics > Diagnostics > click on Generate Diagnostics.
Wait for the Diagnostics to be generated and refresh the page after a few minutes for the new sysdumps and click on the Sysdumps to download.
- After downloading, zip the file and upload it to the GFI FTP server. Please note that only .zip extension files can be uploaded to the GFI FTP server.
- Send a picture of the hard disk label to the agent.
- Provide Sysdumps File
Please see article Confirming Hardware Faults for Processing Exinda RMA
- Once the support agent confirms an RMA is required, please fill out and send the End-User-Certificate (EUC) to start the RMA process.
Supply Issue Scenario: If there is no stock of the original hard disk by Exinda’s supplier (UNICOM), it may be possible to obtain one locally in the customer’s region or ship the same type of hard disk as a replacement.
Please contact sales for the customer's region to inquire if purchasing locally is an acceptable option.
If sales confirms purchasing locally is an option, please use the following process:
- Verify with the customer that a replacement hard drive can be purchased locally
- Check the specifications of the replacement hard drive against the original Exinda part. The original Exinda 8063 hard drive is an Enterprise Class HDD that is 3.5 inches v5, SAS 12Gbps, 1 TB, RPM 7.2K
- Have the customer provide the cost of the disk so that the Sales team can verify and approve it. Customer only needs to share the receipt/invoice of the purchase so the Sales team can create a credit note.
- If the Sales team confirms they can refund the local cost of purchase, have them email the invoice to the customer’s local distributor and also the Exinda sales contacts for the region. The Sales team will create a credit note to the distributor to refund the cost.
Check to ensure the replacement hard drive is working and the green LED lights are displayed on the Exinda for the replacement HDD. Follow the steps below to install the replacement hard drive:
- Once the RMA process is complete and you have the replacement hard drive, please proceed to install the new disk.
- Remove the hard disk tray containing the faulty hard disk
- Swap the faulty HDD with the replacement HDD
- Insert the hard disk tray back into the bay
- Wait for the RAID to rebuild storage. It will take some time for the storage to be rebuilt. Once it is rebuilt, there will be a green LED light on the replaced drive, similar to the other drives.