If RAM utilization is slowly creeping up, Exinda may change the Interfaces' status to bypass mode.
One way to immediately address the issue is to increase JBoss memory.
- Contact an Exinda support agent to obtain a temporary restricted shell license
- <supportagent> Please see Shell Unlock Key article to generate a customer-specific, temporary restricted shell license.
- Use the following command lines in CLI to install the restricted shell license and increase jboss memory.
license install <restricted shell license>
pm process jboss memory-limit 4000
- You can try immediately restarting statistcsd by running this command:
service statistics restart
Statisticsd is meant to increase when there is an increase in the traffic. However if you do not see it releasing memory over time, you can have a scheduled job setup to restart the statisticsd service that will help reset the RAM utilization. Based on the increase you can set it to either daily or weekly depending on how much RAM your Exinda holds.
- In Exinda WebUI, navigate to Configuration > System > Setup > Scheduled Jobs tab.
- Fill out the necessary details and as a command specify
service statistics restart:
- Click Add Job. Modify the Time of execution if needed.