When trying to install Exinda Active Directory Connector in Windows Server 2016 or 2019 environment, the following warning message may appear:
The Setup Wizard has detected the Active Directory Server is on an unsupported Operating System
This article provides important considerations and details when configuring Exinda AD integration in WS 2016/2019.
Exinda AD agent version 1.1.1 introduces official support for Windows Server 2016. While Windows Server 2019 support is not officially announced, Support and Development teams were able to successfully verify it in the lab. So the supported OS warning can be safely ignored.
In order to successfully configure the Exinda AD Connector in WS2016/2019, make sure to complete the following requirements and best-practices:
- Make sure the WMI feature is enabled and the service is started.
- Under the AD section of the Exinda Web UI, enter the
adminusername password and also use the same password in the AD connector when adding the Exinda Appliance IP and Password.
- Enter the user/password credentials in the AD Server tab so that the user login data is obtained.
- Exinda Connector contacts the Exinda appliance to update the user data every 5 minutes by default. This setting can be modified under the "Exinda Appliances" tab at the bottom.
- To exclude the users from being mapped in the Exinda you can add to the "Excluded Users". In order for the changes to be applied, it is better to click on the "Renumerate" button in the
Configuration > System > Network > Active Directorytab, which will load the updated User data from your AD server.
- It is recommended to use domain admin credentials for the Exinda AD service so that there are no issues related to permissions occur when fetching the user details.