Exinda 7.4.13 introduces new L7 predefined Application signatures definitions including MS Teams, Zoom, etc, together with an updated Classification Engine.
This article provides the files required to download the Exinda Network Orchestrator 7.4.13 and it provides the supporting information about upgrading to Exinda 7.4.13 firmware version, as well as the summary of the changes.
You should also read the article Upgrading the Exinda Firmware before you make the final upgrade, and follow the specific procedure outlined. During the upgrade process, the Exinda will reboot with an approximate downtime of 15-30 minutes.
You can download the ExOS v7.4.13 firmware, and these are the MD5 and the size of the file
- MD5 Hash: daad80cc260cd9d595d97687b91b3089
- Size: 660 MB (692,372,936 bytes)
Supported upgrade versions
- 7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.1u1, 7.0.2, 7.0.2u1, 7.0.3, 7.0.3u1 and 7.4.1, 7.4.2, 7.4.3, 7.4.4, 7.4.4u1, 7.4.4u2, 7.4.5, 7.4.6, 7.4.7, 7.4.8, 7.4.9,7.4.10,7.4.11,7.4.12
- 6.4.6, 6.4.7
- 3062, 4062, 8063, 8064, 10063, 10064, 12063, 12064, and all Virtual Appliances
- Upgrading from a previous 7.* version is a direct update to 7.4.13
- Upgrading from a version prior to 6.4.3:
- Upgrade from appliance version to 6.4.3, and reboot.
- Upgrade from 6.4.3 to 6.4.6 or 6.4.7, and reboot
- Upgrade from 6.4.6/6.4.7 to 7.4.7, and reboot
- Upgrading from a 6.x version after 6.4.3
- Upgrade from appliance version to 6.4.6 or 6.4.7, and reboot
- Upgrade from 6.4.6 / 6.4.7 to 7.4.7, and reboot
- The upgrade from 6.4.3 may take longer than normal due to the database upgrade that takes place
- v7.x will only accelerate with peers running 6.4.3 and later due to a change to the Exinda internal protocols. If you are installing v7.x into an x800 estate, the best approach is to upgrade your core box to 6.4.3 and then install v7 on one or more branch offices. This allows all the existing appliances to accelerate to the core appliance and allows the v7 appliance(s) to accelerate to the core box running 6.4.3.
Summary of Changes
Exinda Network Orchestrator 7.4.13 brings an improved application detection, particularly for Skype, besides various fixes and performance improvements
- Updated Classification Engine
- New detected application/protocols
- Improvements in multi-core CPU on Virtual Exinda with Acceleration (should be enabled via config)
- Fixed Skype for Business (Video and Audio) Classification
- Show link-state CLI command does not show if link-state is enabled or not
- Exinda AD Connector not able to connect to Exinda after TLS 1.0 is disabled
- Edge Cache command warning: No command structure registered
- AAA ASCII authentication not working
- PE2G6BPI35-SD-R NIC not recognized by Exinda
- Uploading config to an SFTP server failing