This article describes the Release Notes for ExOS 7.4.1.
Supported upgrade versions:
- 7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.1u1, 7.0.2, 7.0.2u1, 7.0.3, 7.0.3u1 and 7.4.1
- 6.4.6, 6.4.7
- The supported upgrade path from 6.x is to upgrade to 6.4.3 or later first. Then upgrade to 7.0.0.
- The upgrade from 6.4.3 may take longer than usual due to the database upgrade that takes place.
- v7.x will only accelerate with peers running 6.4.3 and later due to a change to the Exinda internal protocols. If you are installing v7.x into an x800 estate, the best approach is to upgrade your core box to 6.4.3 and then install v7 on one or more branch offices.
- This allows all the existing appliances to accelerate to the core appliance and allows the v7 appliances to accelerate to the core box running 6.4.3
- This version was released with a new set of virtual images that are running 7.4.1 by default. If your environment already contains configured virtual machines running an older version, please upgrade to 6.4.3 first and follow the upgrade path above described.
2061, 3062, 4010, 4061, 4062, 6060, 6062, 8060, 8062, 10060, 10062, Virtual
Link to download the software image:
- Download link
- MD5: 6614946afc1169637ba3baebf9b7d3ec
- File size: 634 MB
Major New Features:
- A new set of Exinda Appliance Virtual Images with support for:
- Microsoft Hyper-V: Windows Servers 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2
- ESXi VMWare server: Versions 5.5 and 6.0
Citrix XENServer: Versions 6.2 and 6.5
- Support for new NEM Cards, replacing end-of-life cards (EOL: January 15th, 2016):
- EX-NEM63-G6BP: 6 port RJ45 card. Full-height slot. Replacing model EX-NEM62-G6BP.
- EX-NEM63-G4BPFi-LX: 4 port fiber, single mode / long range. Full-height slot. Replacing model EX-NEM60-G4BPFi-LX.
- EX-NEM63-G4BPFi: 4 port fiber, multi-mode/ short range. Full-height. Replacing model EX-NEM60-G4BPFi EX-NEM63-G2BPFI-LX: 2 port fiber, single mode / long range. Full-height and Half-height. Replacing model EX-NEM62-G2BPFi-LR.
- EX-NEM63-G2BPFI: 2 port fiber, multi-mode / short range. Full-height and Half-height. Full height and Half Height. Replacing model EX-NEM62-G2BPFi-SR.
EX-NEM63-G2BP-LP: 2 port RJ45. Full-height and Half-height configuration. Replacing model EX-NEM60-G2BP.
New L7 Signatures:
- MyVideo TW
- Candy Crush
- Candy Crush Soda
- Bubble Witch
- Farm Hero
- PlayStation Network
- Google Play
- LINE Rangers
- iOS app store
- Windows Store
- Oracle T3
- Skype for Business
- Citrix XenApp
- League of Legends
- Rovio Gaming
- Angry Birds
Improved L7 Signatures:
- Deprecation of Lync Classification (Replaced by Microsoft with Skype for Business)
- Deprecation of PS3 classification (Replaced by PlayStation Network)
- Google Docs classification inside QUIC
- Kono for Android and iOS
- MyMusic TW
- Ultrasurf support for v15.02
- Netflix Classification when processing SSL traffic
- Hi5 classification for HTTP traffic
- Skype subtype classification for SSL traffic after the handshake
- Dropbox for Blackberry
- WhatsApp voice-call
- MS Exchange
- OS and OS_Version
- Whatsapp classification for iOS
Bug Fixes and Minor Improvements:
|D-04961||Fixed an issue where the creation of a network object randomly fails due to a mistaken association with another network object.|
|D-04401||Solved an issue where some websites are inaccessible due to Edge Cache.|
|D-05028||Fixed an issue where the Angry Birds L7 application definition prevents the user from switching configuration files.|
|D-04331||Solved a memory allocation issue that makes the appliance to restart unexpectedly.|
|D-04853||Solved a perception issue in the real-time monitor page where the traffic seems not to be subject to the configured policies.|
Edge Cache logs in 7.4 could reach up to 10G of the partition size.
|D-04460||In some DVC (Dynamic Virtual Circuits) configurations, the number of Active Hosts would mistakenly start increasing but never decrease until the appliance is rebooted.|
|D-04981||Fixed an issue where an optimizer policy set to Ignore All blocks Web traffic|
|D-04774||Solved a problem that causes management slowness via CLI (Command Line Interface) and WebUI when the network experiences traffic spikes, and the Optimizer is enabled|
|D-04829||Fixed an issue where, in certain scenarios, the reports for Conversations and URLs are missing data.|
|D-03974||Edge Cache process can trigger a condition that makes it reboot.|
|D-02086||Acceleration is not supported between sites that are separated by a firewall or a router that is performing NAT (network address translation) overload.|
|D-04861||Users are not able to access the WebUI with a username that starts with a zero '0.'|
|D-06114||The inbound QoS (quality of service) for HTTP traffic hitting the Edge Cache engine can only be controlled by the policy set for the web application group or the HTTP application object.|
|D-04963||Users with 'Monitor' only capabilities can start/stop the Optimizer.|
|D-06081||Some CA (Certificate Authorities) certificates are displayed as Expired under Configuration > System > Certificates > CA Certificates. This, however, will not affect the appliance performance.|
APS values are normalized to 1024-bit of packet-size, so applications using very small-size packets like Citrix and RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) are not recommended to be measured using our APS feature, as the values will be much higher than the real ones.
|D-04111||The Edge Cache does not work for YouTube in Google Chrome. Workaround: Add