When a user has an SDP (Service Delivery Platform) VM (virtual machine) or appliance, they can configure an admin user to whom all Exinda instances are registered to and secondary users, who have access to the Exinda instances through the SDP portal. The secondary users can have a different level of access depending on what the admin assigns to them. This article discusses how secondary users are created and how to enable the secondary users to see the devices.
To create Secondary Users, follow the steps given below:
- The admin must log into the "Admin" portal of their SDP Appliance.
- Click on Register Secondary Users.
- Fill in the required fields.
- When the email is set up, the secondary user will get an email with their login credentials for the SDP Portal.
Once the user has their credentials, they can log on to SDP portal of the appliance, but they will not be able to see any devices in their portal. The admin has to enable and add which devices are visible to which secondary users. To do this, follow the steps given below:
- The admin must log in again to the "Admin" portal of their SDP Appliance.
- Go to Setup > Users and Group Settings > Set Privilege.
- Here, set privilege for the users and assign them the devices they want. These users are the same users as the ones created above.
- Alternately, the admin can create Groups and assign devices to a group of users altogether.
- Once done, the respective users can log into their SDP portals and they will have the devices assigned to them by admin in their list.