You are having Exinda access issues. This article provides steps to resolve the "serial main process terminated" error found in the log file. The serial main process terminates and respawns repeatedly.
An example of the error is below:
Oct 19 12:01:01 Exinda-IPES agetty: /dev/ttyS0: tcgetattr: Input/output error
Oct 19 12:01:11 Exinda-IPES init: serial main process (18192) terminated with status 1
Oct 19 12:01:11 Exinda-IPES init: serial main process ended, respawning
Oct 19 12:01:11 Exinda-IPES agetty: /dev/ttyS0: tcgetattr: Input/output error
Oct 19 12:01:21 Exinda-IPES init: serial main process (18343) terminated with status 1
Oct 19 12:01:21 Exinda-IPES init: serial main process ended, respawning
- Check if there is anything connected to the serial console port. If yes, please disconnect the cable.
- Disable and then re-enable IPMI settings on the device. Go to Configuration > System > Network and navigate to the IPMI section.
- Perform a hard reset by removing the power cables for at least 10-15 minutes
- Reboot the device.
Check to see if the Exinda is now accessible.
If the same errors reoccur (check System > Logging), then there is an issue with the motherboard and an RMA is needed:
- Please open a support ticket to start the RMA process and provide the support agent with your shipping address and contact details.
- The support agent will provide an EUC form and instructions on how to continue with the RMA.
Please use the RMA process for Exinda Appliances for further instructions on how to proceed with the RMA.