This article provides the steps required for you to add an Application Object which is used to classify traffic on the network and is made up of layer 7 signatures or TCP/UDP port numbers and port ranges. Application classification can be used to monitor traffic or to create an application-specific policy.
- Admin access to Exinda WebUI
- Log in to Exinda WebUI
- Navigate to Configuration > Objects > Applications
- Fill in the information accordingly:
- Name: Name of the Application
- Network Object: This is the Network Object if applicable
- DSCP: Type in the DSCP, if required
- L7 Signature: Select one of the Signatures already defined.
Note: If you would like to create a new application that is not listed in there, you need to select HTTP, then host and then you need to type in the host you would like to use as the Application Object
To consider: This creates an application object for the website test.com. Anything with test.com in the URL is classified under the new application (i.e. users.test.com, canada.test.com, etc.)
- Ports/Protocols: You can select the ports/protocols you would like to include in case they are needed
- Click on the Add New Application button.
If you navigate to the Applications window (step 2), you will be able to see your application listed there