This article provides the steps required for you to configure a policy to accelerate traffic in Exinda. This can be useful if you need the traffic to a certain site needs to be faster/accelerated.
- Admin access to the Exinda WebUI
- Log in to your Exinda WebUI
- You now need to Create a Policy in Exinda
- From the Action dropdown list, select Optimize, and then check the Acceleration checkbox
- On the Acceleration dropdown, select the option you would like, accordingly:
- Acceleration: Accelerate using TCP-based acceleration techniques. This is only available on x800 licensed appliances. Only outbound TCP traffic will be accelerated.
- Edge Cache: Cache particular types of traffic so that when the same traffic is requested again, it can be served up locally from the cache. Edge Cache can be used with a single appliance.
Note: If Acceleration is selected, specify the WAN memory, using the WM Reduction Type field, this is used to reduce the amount of traffic that needs to traverse the network. The following options are available in the dropdown menu:
- None: Do not attempt to reduce the traffic. The traffic will still be accelerated via TCP-based acceleration techniques.
- Compression: Compress the traffic using a network optimized LZ compression algorithm. The traffic will also be TCP-accelerated
Note: If the compressed output is larger than the original, the appliance will send the original
- Disk: De-duplicate the traffic. The appliance's hard disk drive is used to store the deduplication patterns. The traffic will also be compressed and will be TCP-accelerated.
- Now, you need to create the Filter Rules accordingly
Note: If you don't see the application under the Application dropdown menu, you can Create the application object
- Once you have filled in everything according to what you want/need, you need to click on the Create New Policy button
If you navigate to Optmizier > Policies you will see your policy listed there