You can deploy PBR on two subnets serviced by their own Exinda appliances. The configuration detailed below re-routes the traffic from one Exinda appliance to another in case of hardware failure.
Policy-based routing with two subnets
This article provides information on how PBR requests work with two subnets for failover and redundancy.
- The request to access a location on the Internet is made on a client computer.
- The request is sent to the router, where the source and destination are analyzed and compared to the policy configured on the router.
- Based on the results of the analysis, the request is either:
- Sent to the Exinda appliance for optimization, and then back through the router to the requested destination.
- Sent directly to the requested destination.
For more information about PBR with two subnets, see these topics:
- Configuring a Router for Policy-Based Routing With Two Subnets
- Configuring an Exinda Appliance for PBR on Two Subnets Using Exinda Web UI
- Configuring an Exinda Appliance for PBR on Two Subnets Using CLI