The VRRP provides an automatic assignment of IP routers, using virtual routers as proxies for physical routers. An IP address acts as a gateway between the router and the Exinda appliances. The VRRP receives traffic requests and distributes them to the appliances connected to it, providing greater reliability and steady traffic request distribution.
Configuring VRRP with PBR
This article provides information on how the VRRP deployment topology works with PBR.
- The client computer requests access to a location on the Internet.
- The request is sent to the router, where the source and destination are analyzed and compared to the policy configured on the router.
- Based on the results of the analysis, the request is:
- Sent to the Exinda appliance for optimization, and then back through the router to the requested destination.
- Sent directly to the requested destination.
For more information on configuring the VRRP with PBR, please refer to the following articles: